Paula Arribas holds a PhD in Biology and is a researcher in the prestigious Junior Leader programme of La Caixa Foundation. Her research area is evolutionary ecology, and her main research line focuses on revealing and understanding the extensive and unknown biodiversity of soils. Her research pivots on the use of cutting-edge molecular sequencing technology to reveal the ecological and evolutionary processes that determine invertebrate diversity, at the levels of genes, species, functional traits and entire communities. This research aims to provide robust assessments of the current and future risks facing soil biodiversity and their impact on the ecosystem processes in which it participates.
Evolutionary biology, Biodiversity, Entomology, Biogeography, Conservation biology, Ecology, Soil biology, Global change, Biological invasions, Genomics.
- PhD in Biology. University of Murcia (2013).
- Diploma of Advanced Studies. CIBIO-University of Alicante (2009).
- Licentiate Degree in Environmental Sciences. University of Murcia (2007).
- Junior Leader Fellowship La Caixa foundation (Fundación La Caixa, Spain), principal investigator IPNA-CSIC (2021-2024).
- European H2020 project iBioGen: Twinning for European excellence in Island Biodiversity Genomics (European Commission, EU), postdoctoral researcher IPNA-CSIC. (2018-2021).
- Juan de la Cierva Formación (MINECO, Spain), postdoctoral researcher. IPNA-CSIC (2016-2018).
- Newton International Fellowship (Royal Society UK), postdoctoral researcher. Imperial College London & Natural History Museum London (2014-2016).
- FPU (MINECO, Spain), predoctoral researcher. University of Murcia (2008-2013).
- First prize in Hintelmann Award for young researchers in Zoology (2020) by the Munich Museum.
- Second prize for the best Thesis in Freshwater Sciences (2013-2014) by the European Federation for Freshwater Sciences.
- First prize for the best thesis of the biennium 2012-2013 by the Iberian Association of Limnology.
- First prize in National End of Degree Award 2006-2007 by the MINECO.
- First prize in the 2006-2007 Final Year Award by the University of Murcia.
- Associate editor of the journals Molecular Ecology, Molecular Ecology Resources, Journal of Biogeography and Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution.