The IPNA library, located on the ground floor of the building, holds a specialised collection in chemistry of natural and synthetic bioactive products, molecular sciences and life and earth sciences.
The space has a large printed collection of monographs, journals, dictionaries, reports, records, guides, etc., as well as offprints, maps, and monographic serial publications available to internal and external users.
Its areas of specialisation include agrobiotechnology, volcanology, island ecology and evolution, molecular structure, design and function, chemistry and biotechnology of natural products, synthesis of pharmaceuticals and bioactive compounds, synthesis of natural products and chemistry of marine natural products. The entire collection can be consulted through the CSIC Library Network's collective catalogue.
The library is currently undergoing refurbishment and will remain closed to the external public until further notice.
- In-room consultation
- Interlibrary loans
- Document reproduction
- Access to computers (2 workstations)
- Information and references
- User training
- CSIC Libraries and Archives Network
- Digital.CSIC: Institutional repository
- Databases and portals of CSIC books and journals
- CSIC Libraries and Archives Network Regulations
- SCOPUS database
- WOS database (Web of science)
- OEPM: Spanish Patent and Trademark Office
- EspaceNet: European Patent Office
- Open Access publication support for CSIC authors (pdf.).
Instituto de Productos Naturales y Agrobiología (TF-IPNA)
Avda. Astrofísico Francisco Sánchez, 3
38206 La Laguna (Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
Phone: 922252144 ext.3248
Email: biblioteca [at] ipna.csic.es
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 2pm.