Julien C. Piquet is a biologist and researcher whose scientific interests lie in conservation biology, and particularly in the study of invasive species and their impacts. He is currently actively involved in research projects on several invasive species in the Canary Islands, including the California kingsnake. In relation to the latter, the projects in which he is involved aim to reinforce the current management strategies by obtaining biological information on the species, as well as developing studies with a direct application to its control.
Conservation biology, invasive alien species, ecology, herpetology
- Graduate in Biology, Universidad de La Laguna (2010-2014)
- MSc in Terrestrial Biodiversity and Island Conservation, Universidad de La Laguna (2015-2016)
- PhD in Biology, Universidad de La Laguna (2017-2022)
- Predoctoral researcher, IPNA-CSIC, Universidad de La Laguna (2017-2022)
- Biologist and field technician (freelance) (2016-2017)