Irma García Monzón was born in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain in 1990. She studied Pharmacy at the La Laguna University, where she obtained her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree. Currently, she is a PhD student under the guidance of Dr. Tomás Martín Ruiz in the Department of Molecular Sciences at the Institute of Natural Products and Agrobiology (IPNA-CSIC).
Her research interests are green chemistry and the development of sustainable chemical processes, focusing on asymmetric organocatalysis. The main purpose of her thesis is the synthesis and development of organocatalysts, simple molecular systems that mimic the chemistry of enzymes.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Pharmacy, University of La Laguna (2017).
- Master’s Degree in “Formación del Profesorado de Educación Secundaria Obligatoria y Bachillerato, Formación Profesional y Enseñanzas de Idiomas” (2018).
- Predoctoral researcher, IPNA-CSIC, University of La Laguna (2021-present).
- Pharmacist (2017-2021).
- Field technician (freelance) (2017-2021).
- Fellow of the Spanish Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Fellow of the COFT.